Menu
Becbags
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV V6 - N17 Error

Trying to set up my 2nd Tivo box for the 1st time but getting N17 error and unable to connect to virgin service. Cut off after holding for over 1 hour to customer service.

Rebooted box and reset box several times. Wired network connection confirmed.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV V6 - N17 Error

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/N17 this can probably be easily resolved if you have a confirmed internet connection via Ethernet.

Although... you've mentioned TiVo & V6 in the same post... which one is it? Check here if you're not sure

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Becbags
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is a Tivo box. Apologies. I searched for the N17 error and copied V6 by mistake.

It is definitely online. 

The first box had been incorrectly set up when the account was created. This being my first opportunity to use both boxes at the same time, I'd suspect the 2nd box also needs some kind of set up correction. 

0 Kudos
Becbags
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is a Tivo box. Apologies. I searched for the N17 error and copied V6 by mistake.

It is definitely online and via ethernet. Though I'd also expect WiFi to work.

The first box had been incorrectly set up when the account was created. This being my first opportunity to use both boxes at the same time, I'd suspect the 2nd box also needs some kind of set up correction. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo doesn't have WiFi, only the V6. It gets internet over the same co-ax as the TV signals, Ethernet is only used for multi-room streaming.

Have you verified the connection using Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network?

The right-hand-side should confirm.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Becbags
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Confusion because Virgin describes box as Tivo V6. Anyway, whatever it is, there is a wireless option. Turns out both boxes need to be on the same LAN (at least initially) to complete setup. I have 2 broadband services and 2 LANs.

All resolved now.

0 Kudos