Menu
Baggjn
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Package

I cancelled my sports package on  4th. March and I am still waiting for it to be taken off, I am determined not to pay for it even if it means moving to SKY, there is absolutely no way one can do anything online other than up grade, purchase goods or especially, make payments. Due to Covid19 I understand reasons for reduced service but to have none at all is unacceptable. I have tried phoning, online contact forms to no avail, I now hope someone at Virgin can read my plea for help before it gets to serious and help sort the mess out a.s.a.p.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Package

Hi how did you cancel it. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Baggjn
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I did it by phone, I was onto a different person who informed me he could only act on my request to cancel the sports package if I settled the full bill, there and then through him, I gave my card details and thank him, the payment went through as will show in my account but I am still waiting for him to cancel the package. 

Regards, baggjn (Brian Clarke)

0 Kudos
Baggjn
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Micky, did you receive my account of how I cancelled the sports package?
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Brian this is a public forum I'm a customer just like you that tries to help on here i don't work for virgin, you seem to have done everything correctly so I will try and flag for you a moderator.Regards Micky
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Baggjn,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear this has occurred. Was this to cancel or pause the sports package?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Baggjn
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I cancelled only the sports package on March 4th. Due to Covid-19 it was then impossible to make any contact with a live person at Virginmedia, I of course accepted a pause in the sports payment when offered to me, only to save the amount increasing, I still expected to have the sports package cancelled, at some time in the future dating back to March 4th.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unless I’ve misunderstood, you never cancelled, just paused. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Baggjn
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

How do you deduce that I paused and not cancel, considering the ability to pause was not even on offer on March 4th.?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for clarifying, Baggjn.

So the call to cancel was on 4th March and then the pause was done online later? Or was the pause also done over the phone? 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos