Menu
Cowslip_David
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Green Screen DVR Error

Hi Virgin Media,

Last week our Virgin TV box stopped working. We tried power cycling it but unfortunately it didn't fix the issue. On restarting we get the Welcome splash screen, followed by a 'starting up' screen followed by the green screen below. It tries to fix itself unsuccessfully and we end up back at the green screen again on repeat.

green_screen.jpg

Reading elsewhere it seems that this is likely to be due to a hard drive fault and therefore the unit requires replacement. Would it be possible for you to look into this for us please? So far I've spent 30 mins on hold on the phone and 7.5 hours on chat trying to resolve this issue and have made 0% progress!

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Green Screen DVR Error

Hi Cowslip_David,

Have you tried a different HDMI cable just in case that's faulty? If that doesn't work then it seems to confirm that you have the green screen of death and will need a box replacement.

It's not the words you want to hear, but the quickest method is using the phone unfortunately. That's 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or around tea time.

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Forum Staff can take between a few days to a week to pick up your issue here.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for posting here following our interaction on Facebook. I do apologise for the issues you've been having with your TV service, we can certainly look to get this sorted for you. There is a bit of a wait for posts to be picked up here at the moment, but as you brought our attention to this issue on social media, we're more than happy to take a look now.

First of all, could I just check whether you've tried an alternative HDMI as Dave has mentioned? Sometimes this error screen is an indication that the cable itself is faulty.

Your V6 is uncontactable at the moment from our end, so you will certainly need a replacement if a different HDMI cable doesn't solve the problem. I'd like to avoid any unnecessary delay, so I'll drop you a private message now to confirm a few account details, just to ensure we're looking at the right account. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond. If you find that a new cable fixes the issue, don't worry about supplying the requested information.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks again for joining me for a private message. I'm glad we've been able to arrange delivery of new equipment for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any future queries or concerns. Our wonderful community are always here to help as much as they can, and we'll do our best to pick up any urgent issues or problems which need particular attention.

Take care,

Rachael

0 Kudos