Menu
westerdaled
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Box not connecting ( even after a reboot)

Hi

We've had our account since 2017 so not sure what model of set top box we have. Anyay, It has been working intermittently for a while but now it is not working at all. 

I can reboot it and you get the starting up message ( which I think indicates the cable is ok), then the TV reports that it needs to be powered up and connected!

BTW,  there is no way on the virginmedia site to report this type of issue.  Has the customer services department packed up for Christmas 😐

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Box not connecting ( even after a reboot)

If you're not sure which TV box you have, you can check here - although it won't make much difference if it won't boot up, that's a fault in anyone's book.

There is no online fault reporting - you need to call Virgin TV Faults on 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
westerdaled
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @japitts.  I am now a queue, 12 mins and counting😪.  

0 Kudos
westerdaled
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is my 2nd attempt to get though: numerous telephone menu options, the  password and now the dreadful music.  Remind me again why I pay my monthly subscription ?  The web site needs to detect when customers are having equipment failures and then fast track the support service. Unfortunatly, rebooting the box won't solve every issue🙄

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
westerdaled
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Update:  When I eventually go through, the service was actually good. The replacment unit arrived a couple of days later. However, during the intial set channel scan, none of the channels appear ( 1704 error I think is the issue), so  getting a home visit tomorrow.

0 Kudos