Menu
FrankieMitchell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media box not working

Please can someone help. We have not been able to use our Virgin media box for over a week now. The box flashed up a green message saying it needed to update its software. It is now in a continuous loop. It reboots, it says Welcome. A download icon appears, then it reboots again. We have followed all the advised procedures and tests several times which say all is normal. I have tried to speak to someone, even on chat to book an engineer but the website is not user friendly and puts me back into a non productive loop. Help please. Thanks 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media box not working

Hi FrankieMitchell,

A green screen usually means your hard drive has failed

You can either wait here for a day or two for a member of the Forum Team to pick this up for you or

You need to contact the Faults team.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi FrankieMitchell, 

Welcome to forums and thank you for your post 🙂

I have had a look remotely and your tv box is unreachable can you please ensure it is on and I can run some remote diagnostics.

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
FrankieMitchell
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much Dave. I've just picked up your message and will try all your suggestions tomorrow. Much appreciated. Frankie 

0 Kudos
FrankieMitchell
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for getting in touch Zoie - I'll try your suggestion tomorrow. Frankie

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey FrankieMitchell,

How's it going, did the advice that Zoie gave, work out for you or are you still having issues ?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
FrankieMitchell
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Steven for checking in. Well..two weeks now and no results. We've rung 150 today yet again. The tests show no problem. We have left our mobile numbers over a week ago and today and had no text replies. On verge of leaving Virgin if we can't speak to someone within the next working day.  

0 Kudos
FrankieMitchell
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No progress , despondent
0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi FrankieMitchell,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I'm really sorry this hasn't been fixed yet. I'd like to help you and look at getting a technician booked.

I'll pop you a private message now to get your details.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
FrankieMitchell
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Melissa. I have replied to your message. Eureka! 

0 Kudos