Menu
Mlainie
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Password

I want to change my parental control PIN but when I input my password it isn't recognised.

Should I be using the password I log into my Virgin Media account? If it's a different password how can I reset it? I tried ringing the phone number but the call centre is closed. I tried the messenger service but received no reply.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Password

Hi Mlainie,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. We will certainly be able to guide you through changing your parental pin, before we do can we just confirm if this is for the TV services or Broadband services?

If it is for the TV service follow the instructions here If you do not know what your pin or have never set it up please try the standard 1234 or 1111.

If you need to change your parental setting for the Broadband services follow these instructions here 

If you have any issues with either instructions please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
dougj
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Have the same problem. Been away for sometime and comeback to find tvv6 wont accept our pin. Following reset process asks me for password but it tells me I have a 13 digit password, which if I have I dont know it. Its not taking my normal log in passwords for wifi or my.vm. The helplines are closed and my wife is getting irritated with me. It wont take 1234 or 1111 or 0000 as pin so do not know what else to try.

If i try a reset will that wipe all my wifes recordings and schedules?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey dougj,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry for our delayed response and to hear you're having trouble with your TV pin.

The password which is required will be the same as your telephone password which you need for data protection when you call us. I hope this helps.

If you are still unsure and still need help, give me a shout and I'll send you over a PM so I can help. Only reset your box as a last resort, you would lose all recordings ect on there as it would return to factory settings if you do this.

Regards,

Beth

0 Kudos