Menu
Glyn-Evans
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VM TV No signal

How do I check VM service in another area to where I live (my elderly dad has no service)

0 Kudos
AFewScoops
Dialled in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM TV No signal

Hi

The first place to check for any faults is the status checker here , you can also call 0800 5610061 which will often give more localised faults info, remember to enter your dads details i.e account number or phone number.

If nothing is reported on either of those places, then I'd recommend you call Virgin Faults to report your loss of service. Either 150 from a landline or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

——————————————————
I work for Virgin Media, but all my options are my own.

REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU
**************ASK ME HOW***************
***************SEND A PM****************

If you found this information useful or please click thumbs up on Kudos icon and marking as a helpful answer.
THANK YOU ?
——————————————————
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Don’t want to confuse matters, but “No Signal” messages can be from the TV itself as well as the Virgin box. My dad regularly manages to press the TV button on the wrong remote, which sends the TV into Freeview mode. As there is no aerial connected he gets a “No Signal” message.

I would be checking that it is the box that is the source of the message as it may result in a callout charge if there is no fault found.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

AFewScoops
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure he said “my elderly dad has no service”, rather then “no signal” 

——————————————————
I work for Virgin Media, but all my options are my own.

REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU
**************ASK ME HOW***************
***************SEND A PM****************

If you found this information useful or please click thumbs up on Kudos icon and marking as a helpful answer.
THANK YOU ?
——————————————————
0 Kudos
John_2_VM
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Glyn-Evans,

We are in area 20 & lost our television service on Sunday afternoon, 11 October 2020. Checked on line account service status & 

The status page states: We're fixing the issue, F008403264 fix estimate 20 Oct 10,05am

loss of all4 app- customers may see a blank screen

get text updates.

just recently checked via 0800 5610061 - no problem. Did it via a mobile & confirmed account holder post code but when checked online there is still a problem. While at home the television service is still inaccessible.

Lets hope it's just pending rectification & ideally well before 20/10/20.

Yours

John_2_VM 😷

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That fault ticket is a national issue with the All4 app only. It is not an issue with the broadcast channels.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
John_2_VM
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello nodrogd,

Thanks for your informative reply. I've just had a quick read about 'all 4 app'. With reference to activity on our Tivo box. I'd noticed that there seemed to a change with a bigger choice of box sets, etc. We will have to have a proper look around & see if we are tempted. Have watched some box sets but has been via other sources.

As for the fault in area 20, the network problem seems to have been sorted. However still unable to watch TV via Virgin Media. Unfortunately can't have a closer look till Saturday but test via mobile only got as far as 2. 

Thanks

John_2_VM 🤔

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@John_2_VM wrote:

As for the fault in area 20, the network problem seems to have been sorted. However still unable to watch TV via Virgin Media. Unfortunately can't have a closer look till Saturday but test via mobile only got as far as 2. 

Thanks

John_2_VM 🤔

I'm not sure what your specific issue is, and you've put so many posts about this in different threads it's a little hard to follow 😉

0 Kudos