Menu
Shonky1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VIRGIN NIGHTMARES

PART 1 - My elderly parents have been having a nightmare with their screen freezing and pixelating since Feb 2020, chap came out said the Tivo Box was faulty and just put a new cable from the wall socket to the Tivo box and said if it happens again to ring him, we did but he gave a wrong mobile number, they were supposed to come out to replace the box on Monday 28th Sep 2020 but no cigar, phoned to check and got the usual guy in Mumbai saying no record of it, emailed all the CEO Lutz blah blah blah, no reply.

PART 2 - And to make matters even worse my wife (ggrrrrhhh ) just signed up to Virgin again after they promised to pay the cancellation fee to BT, they haven't done that so now we have two providers, conned into signing up and they don't reply to email, phone ONLY INDIA CALL CENTRE'S.

Appalling Service, Despicable Company needs to be investigated by a Commons Committee.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIRGIN NIGHTMARES

Search, read, and follow the Virgin Media Consumer Complaints Code of Practice.  My personal view is to use the postal address rather than trust VM when phoning, or the unreliable web complaints form, and send recorded delivery.  Make sure you specify what outcome you want.  As an example, if you're regretting rejoining VM, then since they've not honoured their side of the deal, you can reasonably ask for the agreement to be terminated without penalty and all charges refunded.  As a point of observation, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, any information provided by the company, verbal or written is legally binding and part of the contract if you relied upon it when entering into the contract.

If, after eight (long) weeks VM haven't offered a settlement to your complete satisfaction, then you escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS (details in the Code of Practice.  Keep the two complaints separate, use clear short paragraphs or bullet points, mention all dates and contact details that you can.

Or the forum staff may intervene to try and resolve both matters.  That will be quicker and easier for you, cheaper and easier for VM, so worth engaging.  But don't accept any compromise offers just because it is easier - hold out for the outcomes you want, because VM usually lose all reasonable complaints escalated to CISAS.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIRGIN NIGHTMARES

Hello Shonky1,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with you and your parent's issue looked into. I am sorry you've had such a poor experience. 

I can see you last posted around a week ago, and a VIP gave you some really helpful information. Where you able to make any progress with a complaint? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos