Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 box stuck on "starting up"

Hi there,

My V6 box has been stuck on a loop for the past few days - when turned on, it displays the welcome screen for a few minutes, then switches to the "starting up" page and sticks

I have tried rebooting several times, (turned off rocker switch, hold down + & standby, hold until "welcome screen")checked all cables are secured in place and left the box on for hours hoping it will sort itself - all to no avail. I tried running a fault finding test online but that didn't work either, as it just say all is fine. Have had difficulty getting through on the phone to speak to someone.

Does anybody know how to fix this please or if they are experiencing the same issues?

Thank you,

Eddie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box stuck on "starting up"

Sounds like a software update may have gone wrong, but in any case, you'll need to call TV Faults to report this. It's quite likely to need replacing.

There is a text message service (07533 051809) which can respond in a few days, and VM staff pick up posts on here after (currently) about a week, but calling through on 150 and being patient & persistent is likely the quickest way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box stuck on "starting up"

got through - eventually ! - and they are replacing the box
0 Kudos