Menu
Ewan84
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 box not working samsung tv

I’ve got a v6 box and samsung smart tv. Been working fine for over a year. However recently had issues where i get sound and virgin tv menus through the tv but no picture. Managed to get that back working somewhat however when accessing  amazon prime, iplayer, and netflix i can’t get them to play anything. I get to all the menus but when selecting something it won’t play. Not sure why i’m getting all these issues over the last few days when for a over a year it’s worked fine. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box not working samsung tv

Is your TV a 4K UHD one? If so, try following the advice in https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/603 

If the change of video resolution to 1080 resolves your issues, then your issue is related to HDCP requirements when watching VOD in 2160.

Many older Samsung TVs only support HDCP2.2 when using the HDMI port marked "MHL"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ewan84
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box not working samsung tv

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately though none of it worked. However i think i have fixed it. There was an option in my tv menu, settings>general>external device manager>input signal plus which i hadn’t seen before so turned it on and it seems to have fixed it. A really weird problem overall.