Menu
Bully1200
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 box not starting up

My v6 box will not get past the starting up screen. When I reset it shows the starting up screen then goes black/black (TV settings still shows has input). TV remote makes the light on the TV blink so it is getting the signal, but nothing on screen. 

Apparently service in the area is good. 

I assume the box is faulty (after 3 weeks of receiving it) but is there anything I can do, or any suggestions please?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box not starting up

Is it V6 or Tivo ?

tivo-v6

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Bully1200
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry it’s a V6

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The V6 needs 3 connections ...

1. Power,

2. Co-ax,

3. Internet.

How are you connecting the V6 to the internet, Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

I'm guessing Wi-Fi.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Bully1200
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

So this is the second box of my multiroom set up.  I have one box which was installed at the time of installation and the other box was left for me to install once the room was ready.  I have swapped the existing working box with the one which is not working and both locations work fine.  It is a box issue, I have tried hardwiring it but I can't get it far enough through the set up to allow me to make any changes.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All new installs / replacement electronic equipment need to be activated.

You can try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bully1200, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry you've been having an issue with one of your boxes and for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than normal. 

I've had a look at things from here and it seems as though you've since spoken to the team to arrange getting this resolved. 

Can I ask how things are for you at the moment? 

Do let us know if you need anything else 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos