Menu
Aponeill
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 & TIVO Box

I have been using my V6 box for 2 years, Now my daughter is 10, she would like a TV in the room. So I went to plug the Tivo Box in using the instructions but apparently it doesn't have WIFI, After speaking with customer services it was deemed I had been using the boxes the wrong way round. But I like my little V6 box down stairs and its quiter.

So my 2 questions are.

1, Is the V6 box meant to be the 2nd box?

2. Can I get another V6 box on my account?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 & TIVO Box

You need a multi box subscription and and VM coax point in each of the rooms that you intend to use the boxes.

If the TiVo box was the one you used before upgrading to the V6 it will have been decommissioned at that point.

Virgin Media are now supplying an entirely different system so not sure what your upgrade options will be.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Aponeill
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham Thank you, I will talk to them about my sub tomorrow, I already pay for the max account. I do have a small white box in my daughters room already. I was with sky and when I joined virgin, they sent one tivo and one v6, I don't believe the agent telling me the v6 box is the box that should be in my daughters room.
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

it doesn;t mater what box is where as long as they all have a coax point. The V6 also needs a network connection

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos