Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Utter shambles cancelling service

Well, 

What a month. Called up to cancel the entire package in early December as sick of the constant, excessive price rises and was able to get a very competitive package from Sky in their Black Friday offer. Since then, despite contacting VM via text/email and asking for replies by same, we were bombarded by numerous unsolicited phone calls. One in particular was taken by my wife offering a very good retention offer and when she asked him to call back in the evening he did not and when I finally got back into the country to do so, the offer had vanished. I’ve emailed/live chatted numerous times and been promised an email reply. Not one has been given. I now find out that after all this they’ve still left my phone line open at £27 a month (we’re not transferring the number) despite my telling them to cancel everything. It’s just been the most appalling example of how to lose a customer after 4 years. 

It’s probably too late in real terms as we started with Sky late last month but, honestly VM, this is beyond appalling in terms of customer service and retention.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Utter shambles cancelling service

My elderly parents had a similarly poor experience leaving Sky recently, that went on for months and months, involving that despicable third rate bunch of thieves trying to bully and harass them for a "debt" that didn't exist, but which Sky wanted due to their incompetently designed process and idiot staff who can't communicate verbally or in writing.  It wasn't sorted until I got involved and threatened them with a complaint to CISAS, so be assured that you won't be getting better service with your new provider than you're getting with VM.

Like all big companies, if your interaction works within their over-complicated, rigid, bureaucratic and faulty processes and systems then it all appears fault free and seamless.  When things don't fit, that's when you discover that these large companies don't care, don't listen, and customer service is regarded as a chore to be performed as cheaply and badly as possible.  So you might yet have a happy experience with Sky.

There's two ultimate causes here:

1) Totally inadequate regulation & absence of a customer advocate in telecoms (and despite this, the individual running Ofcom for the past four years got a gong in the New Year's Honours list), 

2) The universal belief amongst large telcos that having poor customer service doesn't matter to them

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Truth be told they are all as bad as each other they will all promise you everything under the Sun but when it comes down to the bare bones they will rip the cash out your wallet as quick as look at you.Sometimes the best option is a steaming service that way you only need a bb connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrbunker,

Thank you for your post, I am sorry about your recent experience with us and that we have lost you as a customer I will be happy to look into this for you to make sure everything has been disconnected properly and if you would like to raise a complaint I can do that for you as well. I will pop you a private message just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂

Thanks,

Zoie_P

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Apologies as was abroad with work (hence my always asking VM to email and not call, not that they listened) but have just replied to your message. We have now overpaid (and had a grammatically incontinent threatening letter) as well so am poised to take this to CISAS and beyond. I am perfectly willing to cause VM as much inconvenience and cost as they h s caused me. 

Thank you all for your replies. I know I would say this, wouldn’t I, but Sky have been utterly spot on so far. Their Facebook messenger service is prompt and actually answers the question you ask of them and doesn’t make promises they have no intention of delivering. Unlike......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh, and they failed to disconnect the phone as promised on the termination date. No great surprises there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When you arranged for the cancellation of the services Mrbunker, did you ad vise you were looking to take the lanline number to your new provider?

As this is completed after the cancellation and needs to be requested by your new provider we leave the landline open to allow the transfer to take place.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I did not and this was made clear when it became apparent the landline was still connected.

0 Kudos