Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Use existing Starz Play subscription

Hi, 

We already have a subscription with Starz Play and noticed you can watch shows on TV through Virgin Media, I can't however find any options on the box to link my existing account nor can't I find anything online /on these forums.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Use existing Starz Play subscription

No you can't, as the content is provided in a different way to the app.

The service on Virgin uses their own cable VOD broadcast playout system from their headend VOD servers. It runs exclusively on Virgins own systems so you can only subscribe through Virgin & not externally. There is no connection between the two.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm not technically minded so I'm not sure if I understand everything that's been said here. But just to say that I have a StarzPlay subscription and I can watch it on Virgin TV channel 205 for Amazon Prime. 

I can't remember how I initially signed in using my Virgin box (I think/assume I had to enter my Prime details) but it linked up perfectly so it must be possible! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I just took out a subscription to Starzplay via their web page. Then I went to log in on Virgin and found out I couldn’t do it. The same with Amazon Prime. So now I’ve had to cancel my subscription via the web page and sign up directly through Virgin. I think Starzplay should mention when you sign up that you can only access it on your phone or computer and you need to pay again to get it either on Virgin or Amazon Prime. 

0 Kudos