Menu
Martinneedshelp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Urgent help needed

My current discounted Ultimate Oomph package runs out on the 10 October and my bill will increase by around £40.00 a month which will stretch my budget . The helpful email tells me I can get the package cheaper by around £4.00 a month and if I was new customer it will be half the price. The email invites me to call them if I want to change my package, which I do. Now the fun starts. You can’t get through on the phone, unless you go down I’m leaving you route. When you do get through they want your over the phone password which I have no recollection of setting up and believe me I have searched the house from to to bottom to find it and I am usually very good at remembering these sort of things. Without the password they will not speak to you and will only offer a password verification letter. So as the matter is pressing I have been trying online. For days I kept getting an oops message and now I get a we can’t help message you need to call us. So I tried web chat that told me to give them a ring. So I tried messenger. That won’t let me send a message I keep getting an oops error message. Has anyone else experienced this level of frustration and has anyone any tips of how I can sort this out. I am not at the cancelling my direct debit stage and letting Virgin take me to court for non payment as that seems to be the only way I will get to speak to them 😡😡😡

0 Kudos
paul0363
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Urgent help needed

They should be able to reset your password after going through other security questions with you - at least that's what they did when I couldn't remember mine.  I'd try phoning them again!

They asked for bank sort code that the Direct Debit links to and the amount of the last bill so may be useful to have that to hand!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martinneedshelp,

The account password is the security password you set up when first joining VM. It's usually something along the lines of mothers maiden name or town of birth.  When you first joined you should have received a welcome letter which would have included your account number and the security password.

When calling if you either input wrong letters for your password, or don't input anything then the call should still be picked up by an agent who should be able to ask other questions to verify you as the account holder.  Yes they can send a password reminder through the post, but unfortunately not via email.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Martinneedshelp
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks unfortunately the operator did not ask any security questions, as I have them. They just said no password no talk. 

0 Kudos
paul0363
Rising star
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I’d call in again.  Follow the “Thinking of Leaving Us” options (4-4-2) when you get to the main options menu.

0 Kudos
Martinneedshelp
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Call me cynical but what ever we try Virgin will not talk to us without a password, which we do not have. No security questions no bank sort codes it has to a password. It as if they are delaying things until after the 10th when our contract expires so we can’t change it without paying charges and will be stuck with a new contract and higher charges for 12 months. Another loyal customer lost Virgin. 

0 Kudos
Martinneedshelp
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Finally got through and were allowed to speak to someone without a password. A very nice Scottish lady (sorry not got a name) was more than helpful and sorted us out quickly. We are now happy relaxed an loyal Virgin customers once again. Pity it took a few attempts. Thank you to our saviour.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update,

Pleased you finally managed to get it sorted.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos