Menu
littleclaude
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading TV and WIFI router, very old

Hi, I joined around 10 years ago so my hardware is very old and I pay for a 100mb service. Who can I talk to about up dates. TV box also crashes and some channels have artifacts/fuzz on the them.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading TV and WIFI router, very old

Best way to get new kit would be to get a new deal, this will probably save you some money on your bill too,

Give the team a call at 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-4, best time to call is betwen 8-10am as they are increasing busy with some call centres being closed.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading TV and WIFI router, very old

If you have picture breakup and/or pixellation, that's a fault and should be reported by the usual means: 150 from a VM phone (or 0345 4541111 otherwise) and choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service".

If you've had your package a while, and want to review it, then spend perhaps 5-10minutes playing with the build your bundle site for the combination of services/channels that you want. That will give you a rough idea on pricing (ignore the "new customer" prices, you're not one - look at the standard prices). In return for a new 18month contract, you may be able to get a small discount on the standard pricing, but anyhow.

Then go through to VM C/S by phone, and see what deal you can get in return for a new 18month contract. If you have VM broadband and are taking this route, then see if you can get a new V6 box into the bargain too. Much newer and quicker than the TiVo that I suspect you're using.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos