Menu
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

'Upgrade to watch' error has returned to Catch Up

This problem has returned again, with various content in Catch Up having the incorrect pack codes applied, so 'Upgrade to watch' is displayed against content that should be available.

Catch Up channels affected:

• Comedy Central
  • MTV
  • E!
  • TLC
  • Cartoon Network
  • Boomerang

I'm on the Mix TV package (not to be confused with the Mixit TV package) which includes all of the channels above.

0 Kudos
Vmaccountholder
Joining in
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'Upgrade to watch' error has returned to Catch Up

I’m having the exact same issue. I also have the mix package so checked on virgin media’s website to see what channels I am suppose to have available and Apparently  Comedy Central, MTV, E!, TLC, Cartoon Network, and Boomerang are not included in the package, but I have always been able to watch them so a bit confusing. I haven’t had the contract long but I’m sure when I checked what channels were included before I took the contract TLC was definitely on the list but now it appears not to be. TLC was one of the main reasons I got the contract.

You can check the standard channels you get here I believe the mix tv comes under big

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/big-bundle

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Vmaccountholder

Comedy Central, MTV, E!, TLC, Cartoon Network and Boomerang are all included in the Mix TV package, you're getting it confused with the Mixit TV package, which is easily done due to the names.

0 Kudos
Vmaccountholder
Joining in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Ah yes you are right I am mixing them up haha... I have the mixit tv package, but I can watch Comedy Central, TLC, And MTV. But they don’t work on catch up as you say. I’m not sure if I’m suppose to have these channels or not but I guess if I am then I should be able to watch them on catch up too. When I check the channel guide you just sent, the mixit has a Red Cross next to those channels which “means” personal picks. I don’t really understand why so many channels have the Red Cross under the mixit and what the personal pick actually means because I haven’t personally picked any of those channels.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

There are some channels that have temporarily been made available to all TV customers as part of the current Coronovirus pandemic support - but only the broadcast element. Other parts such as On Demand or via TV Go wouldn't be included.

For Mixit TV, Personal Picks are options that sit between just Mixit TV and Maxit TV;

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/documents/Redwood/Personal_Picks_January_...

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr

Unfortunately, your reply doesn't help at all as that's not the issue.

My package (Mix TV) includes the live and Catch Up content for all of the affected TV channels as standard. It has nothing to do with VM's recent coronavirus related stuff.

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Some of the Catch Up content for some of the affected channels has recently been upgraded from SD to HD, this includes Comedy Central, MTV and TLC. It could be related?

Mix TV includes Comedy Central HD, MTV HD and TLC HD as live channels, but has previously only included the Catch Up content for these channels in SD.

There is no HD content in the Catch Up service for E!,Cartoon Network and Boomerang, so I can't see any reason at all why the Catch Up content from these channels has suddenly stopped being available.

I have now spoken to two people at VM by phone about this, and they have acknowledged that there is something wrong, with other people calling to report the same problem. They hope to be able to fix it within 48 hours.

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone else with Mix TV lost access to the Catch Up content for these TV channels?

I've just had a call from VM about it and they say it's a problem with our V6 box, so have insisted on sending out an engineer to make a visit.

I think it's far more likely to be that incorrect pack codes/flags have been applied to the content in the VM system.

If other people are experiencing the same problems, maybe I can persuade them not to waste their time sending an engineer, which seems completely unnecessary.

0 Kudos
Acklam
Joining in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem trying to watch the Fox channel.  Always been able to watch on catch up now I have to upgrade to watch in HD  I have the Mix package.

0 Kudos