Menu
Smogs
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade offer

Got an email from virgin about a week ago for free upgrade, clinked on link and went to virgin web page which gives info on upgrade.  However, reading through all the info it is not clear what this upgrade is, i.e extra box, new box etc.

Can yiuone explain what this offer actually is?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade offer

Can you post the contents of this email? Obscuring any personal details.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HergestPhil
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I got a similar free upgrade email today from email@em.virginmedia.com.  I accepted and went for engineer installation.  I then thought that actually I could do self install, so phoned virgin media up to change the order.  However, they didn't have any record of an order and said I have the latest V6 box, so it seems it was a scam.

I changed my account password, just in case.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that has happened to you HergestPhil.

You have had the right idea, to change your password straight away, that should hopefully stop any more activity on your account.

You can find some helpful tips about account security here.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Smogs
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Not sure how to add a screenshot onto here?

0 Kudos
Smogs
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

We think it’s only right that our customers get their hands on our amazing new TV experience first. Get it at no extra cost today and discover how we bring together all your screens, favourite channels and apps, so you can seamlessly watch and stream the telly you love, at home and on the go. Yep, it’s our newest TV experience, on the house.
Great power and streamability
Our fastest-ever TV experience, now with new features like super powerful voice search, personal profiles and more.
Entertainment, brought together
The UK’s most popular channels, Catch Up services, movies, TV Box Sets and built-in apps, all in one place. So you won’t need to hop around.
TV that moves with you
Stream, control and manage your recordings with our free, supercharged, Virgin TV Go app.
Ready to go? We’re making our new TV service available to you early, and you have until 30th September 2020 to get involved. There’s limited availability, but don’t worry it will be available again soon.
Once you’ve applied, it can take up to 7 working days to receive your confirmation.
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Press the camera icon to attach a screenshot:

526A7C1D-C205-4016-914B-01BD22898E5C.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Smogs
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I haven't that option but have just posted the working of the email

0 Kudos
lilchris26
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

virgin e mailvirgin e mail

I have had a similar message, not very clear what it involves. Has it stands I have one box with 1Tb storage, I have read on this site you get a main box with 1 TB and a small box with no memory to put in another room, i think this may be connected by wifi.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@lilchris26 wrote:

virgin e mailvirgin e mail

I have had a similar message, not very clear what it involves. Has it stands I have one box with 1Tb storage, I have read on this site you get a main box with 1 TB and a small box with no memory to put in another room, i think this may be connected by wifi.

These are offers for boxes operating on the new V360 TV platform. They can be for the main box only, or for a main & a mini box for multiroom. All TV boxes have to be connected to the coax cable as well as to Ethernet or WiFi.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos