Menu
Ftblk36
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade issue

Apologies I've this is in the wrong section.  I was phoned by Virgin on Friday regarding an upgrade.  I was told my TV and Phone would not change, only my BB.  I have now been moved to Maxit TV and lost all the kids channels.  Girl stated several times my TV sub would not change but it has and its a nightmare trying to get any way of connecting with someone to deal with the issue.

Any help much appreciated

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade issue

Sorry to say, but...

A couple of years back, VM changed the bundling of the chargeable kids-channels and took them out of the Full-House bundle into a "personal pick" which is now chargeable across-the-board. They're not the only provider to do this, either.

What's likely happened in your case, is that by re-contracting your TV package has changed from a legacy-tier with the non-FTA kids channels included, to the current Maxit/Full-House which doesn't include them. Ignoring the reference to Disney in this PDF, the personal picks guide lists these at the bottom.

If you've only just made this change, you're in a strong position to use the 14day cooling-off period to go back to VM and renegotiate your package to see whether VM can include the kids pack in your deal, or perhaps give you a discounted rate to include them. Once you go beyond that 14day period, your position will weaken somewhat as you won't be in a position to "cancel" the changes anymore and will be contracted to your new bundle for 18months.

You will need to call to discuss this, as account changes can't be done online.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ftblk36
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade issue

Thanks for that.  I was aware of the change but as the caller said that my TV would not change I assumed I would not loose channels nor move form Full House XL.  Anyway, will have to wait for an hour or so on the phone to speak to anyone.

Thanks again

0 Kudos