Menu
freakydeakie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade Sky Sports

I upgraded my account to include Sky Sports package 2 days ago and its still not switched on!!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade Sky Sports

Two possibles here.

1: How did you do the channel add - was it online, or over the phone? Online amendments are manually processed by C/S agents, so can often take longer. Changes via C/S are usually immediate.

2: Are you paying the HD supplement for Sky Sports, if you're not then make sure you're checking the SD channels between 511-520, not the HD channels between 501-510.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cew13
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue - called up on Saturday evening and confirmed the upgrade on a deal for 12 months and the channels have not been activated yet. When I call again the automated message says that my upgrade is in process.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@cew13 

If the automated system is advising of "upgrade in progress", that's probably the answer. In-case there's a problem with the amendment (given that it's now been longer than the usual 24-48 hours), I'd be tempted to speak to a C/S agent on 150 and make sure.

Otherwise, just make sure that you're checking the right channels (SD/HD) as per my previous post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cew13
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

I've checked all of the channels and nothing so far. I will try again over the phone.

Thanks.

Quick update - I couldn't reach an operator over the phone, it would only take me through the automated system where it still states the upgrade is in progress. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post freakydeakie,

Can you please confirm if the Sky Sports channels are not available on your set top box?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos