Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade Offer email (again)

Further to my last post I received another email from virgin with a link that supposedly works, however when I click the link I get the following and there is no point phoning the customer helpdesk as advised as they know nothing about it??? This is very frustrating!!

Please call us about your upgrade

We're really sorry, but we won't be able to sort your upgrade through our website. Instead, please give us a quick ring so we can go through the details with you.

Call us on 0345 454 1111 from any UK landline or mobile

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade Offer email (again)

Same with me. Received a 3rd email which states "There was a glitch in our last email that stopped you from getting our new TV experience, at no extra cost. Sorry about that. Let’s try it again." However, the link still doesn't work and asks me to contact customer services. Customer services know nothing about this, told me it was the virgin go app and then tried to sell me another v6 box for an extra £10 per month. Asked for question to be escalated to a manager at which point the agent just stopped replying (via the sms service). Very frustrating and poor service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Stewar.

Can we please confirm if the offer was for a second box or an upgrade for your current box?

The team are correct in stating that a secondary box would usually be an extra charge per month unless on a specified offer.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily, 

The email is to take part in the trial of your new box / service. It states additional 4k mini box and features not on the v6 box (profiles and voice search). Messaging team still refusing to escalate to a manager (or to anyone who might know more). Every time I ask for an escalation the agent stops responding then a few hours later I get a message asking if I still need help (1-yes 2-no)! Then the process starts again...

Stephen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming, so in regards to this you can register your interest here and you will then be contacted in regards to this. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

If you are advising me to only 'register my interest' why are you sending me emails (x3) requesting i apply (wording as below) with links that ask me to contact customer services who then don't know anything about it? 

"Hello Stephen,There was a glitch in our last email that stopped you from getting our new TV experience, at no extra cost. Sorry about that. Let’s try it again.

We think it’s only right that our customers get their hands on our amazing new TV experience first. Get it at no extra cost today and discover how we bring together all your screens, favourite channels and apps, so you can seamlessly watch and stream the telly you love, at home and on the go. Yep, it’s our newest TV experience, on the house.Great power and streamabilityOur fastest-ever TV experience, now with new features like super powerful voice search, personal profiles and more.Entertainment, brought togetherThe UK’s most popular channels, Catch Up services, movies, TV Box Sets and built-in apps, all in one place. So you won’t need to hop around.TV that moves with youWatch in more rooms with a 4K-ready Mini box. Or stream, control and manage your recordings with our free, supercharged, Virgin TV Go app.Ready to go? We’re making our new TV service available to you early, and you have until 30th September 2020 to get involved. There’s limited availability, but don’t worry it will be available again soon.Once you’ve applied, it can take up to 7 working days to receive your confirmation."

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

this does not read as a register your interest request.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, this would be what we've been advised regarding the situation with the pilot of the new TV box.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Usual Virginmedia marketing email, nicely worded and full of promise backed up by poor customer service, dysfunctional web page and zero management escalation process.

Why does every communication with Virginmedia leave me feeling like I'm being awkward just asking for what has been offered. This happens time and time again. Such a shame as your Web service and tv are great. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So have been reading your comments with Stewart and I wholeheartedly agree with all the comments he has made but not actually sure where that leaves us?

0 Kudos