Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unlawful installation of cable on property

Engineers turned up to install virgin to our next door neighbours house but had to run the cable through our drive or move the box on to the pavement. I told them that I did not want it put across my drive and they agreed the box on the pavement would be moved so it did not cross our property. I returned from work on Monday and found that they have installed it through the original box therefore crossing part of our drive. The marking for the new box had been sprayed over and not moved. I have tried multiple times to speak to someone at Virgin with no success! Only when I have mentioned Ofcom have I had a reply through Twitter.! Quite frankly I think this is totally disgusting! I hope I will get a quick and fast response to this message. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlawful installation of cable on property

Hi Bobajaan, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am really sorry for the experience you've described for an installation that was not even for you.  To look into this further I am going to need to private message you.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Bobajaan wrote:

Engineers turned up to install virgin to our next door neighbours house but had to run the cable through our drive or move the box on to the pavement. I told them that I did not want it put across my drive and they agreed the box on the pavement would be moved so it did not cross our property. I returned from work on Monday and found that they have installed it through the original box therefore crossing part of our drive. The marking for the new box had been sprayed over and not moved. I have tried multiple times to speak to someone at Virgin with no success! Only when I have mentioned Ofcom have I had a reply through Twitter.! Quite frankly I think this is totally disgusting! I hope I will get a quick and fast response to this message. 

Just to be clear... did they said the green/grey street cabinet would be moved?  That would be months of work and >£100,000 - all to connect your neighbour - highly unlikely !  Do you have any proof that they said that - in writing, a text, etc?

Or do you mean the small brown "omnibox" on the wall of the property?

Can you post a photo of the box and the sprayed over markings?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry John but are you a virgin engineer? I have not mentioned either of the things you have mentioned. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Bobajaan wrote:

Sorry John but are you a virgin engineer? I have not mentioned either of the things you have mentioned. 

Nope - no connection with VM - this is a community help forum.

And yes you did mention both of these things in message 1.

@Bobajaan wrote:

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you have nothing to do with virgin media how has this got anything to do with you? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As he said, this is a COMMUNITY Forum, where people try to help each other.

Whilst monitored by a VM_Team it is NOT a Virgin Media communications channel.

I suggest you should read the Forum Guides and modify your attitude to knowledgeable people who are trying to help you by understanding fully the wayleave issue with Virgin Media.
pdfbt40
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have not joined this for help and chat.  I have only joined as I was told to do so by virgin media so I could actually get this resolved by them and get them to respond which they finally appear to be doing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not much of an apology really.

And after even you initial interaction, you believed the standard speal from VM.
If you read it properly, it quite clear this is a community help forum, not a Virgin Media communication route.

My goodness, did they mislead you, again!!

Cutting a service across your property is only a civil, not criminal offense, of trespass.  You could claim damages either with or without removal.

Lucky it wasn't a 36" gas main !!

pdfbt40
0 Kudos