Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unhappy with service

I have the regular Virgin TV and package, paying £83 per month. I can’t watch Netflix without it crashing every 5 minutes, (the issue isn’t with Netflix) I’m considering returning to Sky as there is always an issue with Virgin. Is there a way to get them to reduce my monthly payments or upgrade to V6, without paying through the nose? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unhappy with service

Firstly if you've got a TiVo, there's probably the root of your problems - while perfectly serviceable, it's an old box and pretty outdated by current standards.

Second... there really is no such thing as a "regular package", but it's quite possible you could have an older one that is no longer on sale to new customers.

My suggestion... do a brief audit of which TV channels you regularly watch, and work out which current TV package would best suit you by using the channel guide here . Next up, have a play with the "Build my bundle" page here - put in any serviceable address just to experiment with options.

This will give you a "new customer" price for a current package that you've chosen, you won't necessarily match this but it gives you a ballpark figure to work towards and have in mind when you... call Virgin C/S, follow the options for speaking to an agent about changing your package, and see what offer you can perhaps agree on, to include a box-swap to a V6 and re-contracting for 12/18months.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, is there a number for customer service? When I click the links, I just keep getting an “oops something went wrong” message on the page. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

150 from a Virgin phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

Follow the options I mentioned before 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So after holding for 30 minutes I got cut off, rang again, held for another 30 minutes, got through to Retentions, to a guy who was so laid back, I couldn’t understand what he was saying, he didn’t care that I wanted to leave and then put me through to a proper customer service advisor, who said my system has an “outage” issue, so she put me through to faults, disconnected after a few minutes and now holding again, I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do now, as I can’t get through to anyone. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Calling at 08.00 gives you the best chance of getting through quickly to someone.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Velvetee, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual lately. 

I've had a look at the back end of things and it appears as though you've been in touch with the team to get things sorted. 

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and we can try and help from here. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos