Menu
downton60
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unannounced

Have had problems for last 2 wks. Channels unannounced - rang 150 who sent a signal through which didnt help. have unplugged, been to settings to reconnect nothing has worked. Got through again to VM only to be put through to technical and waited and waited. Any solutions please.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unannounced

You havent said... but assuming you have a V6 and not a Tivo (is that correct?) than how do you have the V6 connected to your VM BB Hub?
Wifi or by ethernet cable? If Wifi - it could just be a poor/intermittent connection.

Go to: Home>Help>Settings>Network>Connection details and see what the V6 reports about its network connection.

Ultimately you have 3 options...

1) Connect the V6's (permanently) to the Hub by Cat6 cable (best solution by far and not really that difficult with interior or exterior cable)
2) Improve your wifi signal at the location of the V6's and preferably use the 5GHz band. There are lots of suggestions on this forum of how to do that.
3) Use a pair of good quality Powerline adapters (if your house circuitry is suitable) with short Cat6 cables.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
downton60
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back - it is a Tivo box that I have.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OK - a Tivo gets it's channel info and catch up etc., via its coax connection - check that all the connections look good and are nice and finger tight.   You will then have to call it in as a fault and let them test your connection.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos