Menu
raamkumar
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access Sky Sports Mix

Hi,

I have Virgin TV Mixit package. I understand Sky Sports Mix is a free channel. However, I'm unable to access it. The channel number is greyed out. Please assist. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access Sky Sports Mix

Sky Sports Mix HD is  available on the Full House and Maxit packages.

The SD version is available on the Mix, Fun, Full House and Maxit packages.

ChannelGuide 

The SD version is available as an additional addon (Entertainment and Sport Lite Personal Pick) on the Mixit package. The addon costs £7 per month on a rolling 30 day contract and the add on Pick can be cancelled at any time

Personal_Picks 

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Mix is not part of the Mixit package, it's one of the channels in the "Sport Lite" chargeable personal pick add-on.

You can view the channels that are included in each bundle using the online channel guide page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide and scroll to the bottom.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
kevino81
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Mix was on many packages, even the cheaper ones.

On my full house sports package, for some reason Sky Sports Mix and Sky Sports News are in HD but the rest are in SD.

Not paying the extra £7 per month to get the rest of the in HD.      Bit stupid tbh.   they should all be HD.

BT sport is in HD

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@kevino81 wrote:

Not paying the extra £7 per month to get the rest of the in HD.      Bit stupid tbh.   they should all be HD.

BT sport is in HD

I wouldn't disagree with this - I would suggest you complain to Sky, they're their channels after all.

Virgin is simply providing the platform for the broadcaster (Sky) in this case.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Mix used to be in M+, but now seems to be  one of the add ons but only in SD.

It is neither in the most basic package, nor included in the Premium Sports subscription as is the case with Now TV.

https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-news/articles/sky-sport-mix-now-on-virgin-tv.html

7664D658-E97E-4DF9-B067-C8A1666560A2.jpeg

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

On Sky, Sky Sports Mix is used as a "teaser" channel to get more subscribers to Sky Sports, so its available with all their channel packs.

Assumedly they are not so bothered with VM subscribers, & as not every customer on Virgin is a sports fan, I would imagine some are quite pleased not to have Sky Sports Mix imposed on them.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

0 Kudos
kevino81
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

yes.  I told you it was on all packages.

i got it when i didn't buy sky sports and when i had a lower package. 

Same with 2 other households I know.

0 Kudos