Menu
Dopper
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to Watch Recordings from Vice

Hi

My wife has been recording a show called 'The Ice Cream Show' on Vice. It appears in my recordings, but when she tries to watch it she gets a message 'upgrade to watch'. I have Maxit TV which according to my account is the top package, and I am able to view the channel OK, so I don't understand why she can't play these shows. Can anyone please help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Dopper
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to Watch Recordings from Vice

Is anyone able to help with this issue? I’ve also tried Twitter with no response there either. Would love to understand what the problem is here. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
cheekyangus
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are they recent recordings? If they aren't I have a theory.

Dopper
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. 

She spotted a show and clicked record and added a series link. It’s added the full series but none of them will play. Does this fit with your theory? 

0 Kudos
cheekyangus
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No, sadly. That involved the old second version on Vice that appeared during the UKTV dispute. That's why I wondered if they were old recordings. I lost a show I recorded from that additional version a while back.

If your new description had said you'd Series Linked but it wasn't recording I'd have a solution, but if it is recording and appearing in My Shows then I don't know.

If it had been the former I'd have suggested you go into Manage Series Link+, scroll through to the show in question, selected Modify Options and change Record: New Only to New & Reruns.

Dopper
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah OK, well thanks for trying. 

A couple of the shows are being shown again on Friday, so I have deleted the ones it says it has recorded and will see if these new ones are any different. Possibly there was some kind of big when it pulled these shows from on demand? 

0 Kudos