Menu
thrice
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ultimate Oomph confusion

I recently spoke with Customer Services about upgrading to the Ultimate Oomph bundle to be told that it was not available in my area of London (21). However, when I visited the Virgin Media web site and entered my postcode it said It was available. Where can I get a definitive answer whether it is available or not?

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ultimate Oomph confusion

Hi thrice, 

Thank you for your post. 

I would be unable to confirm without any details, I am sure the team that you have spoken with over the phone would have gave you the correct answer as it would be in our best interest. Have you since your post spoken with anyone else regarding this? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The Ultimate Oomph bundle is available, you don't have to have M500 broadband as you can choose (or be forced to choose if unavailable) a lower speed such as M350. However a lower speed doesn't mean a lower price.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
thrice
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have tried to speak with customer services yet again but give up after 30 minutes on hold. I have spoken to someone who lives in the same area (21) and they are able to get it and when I tried the postcode checker again it said it was available to me. I currently have everything in the Ultimate Oomph bundle - only with a separate SIM and 350 Mb broadband - but I am paying about £25 more per month if you count in the SIM.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi thrice,

sorry to see you are having issues regrading to the Ultimate oomph,

I know you won't like this but it is best to call. I suggest you go through the Home Moves dept, then select Thinking of Leaving.

Call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos