Menu
JW691102
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

UKGold HD / Ch124 - pixelating!

I have a major issue with one of my most used channel on my VM Full House package.

UK Gold HD / Ch124 is pixelating to a point where it is unwatchable.

After waiting for over 40mins after dialling 150 I was told the issue is with UKTV not VM!

A post on this forum mentioned free sports / ch553 uses the same frequency and if gold is pixelating so does 553. This issue has only started happening in the last month and needs to be sorted ASAP.

Help please from VM Tech persons on this forum.......

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: UKGold HD / Ch124 - pixelating!

Hi JW691102,

Thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry you're experiencing pixelation on the gold HD channel. I can appreciate you'd like to get this fixed.

Are you noticing it on any other channels or on any on-demand/recordings?

Can you please check all the cables are secure and tight to see if this makes a difference?

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
JW691102
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The issue occurs only on UK Gold although another forum post mentioned a free sports channel (can’t remember the channel no.) on the same frequency as Uk Gold which will also pixelate if UK Gold is.

On having a painful conversation with the overseas VM Customer Helpline I explained all cables are fully secure (all other channels and services ok), I was told the fault was with the broadcaster (UK TV) if all other channels are ok....this is nonsense as I’ve had this package of channels for a significant number of years and the issue is only evident in the last few weeks. If UK TV had a broadcast issue I’d not be the only complainant.

Interestingly when I mentioned the same pixelating issue with a recorded film I was told a new v6 box would be sent to replace my aged TiVo unit, at the same time the operator said a signal had been sent to correct the issue and the pixelating would be cured - five minutes later on Uk Gold the pixel issue returned!

I’m yet to set up the new v6 box as I don’t want to lose my current recording library but this will be done next week. The original issue still stands, i need to cure the pixelating issue - step one would be this forum for help followed by a Uk base tech support to speak with.

look forward to your update.

JW

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
JW691102
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Not today although the pixel issues on UK Gold only has been intermittent over the last few weeks, all other VM channels and broadband are ok.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All of the following channels are on the same broadcast frequency as Gold HD, and so would be affected by any signal fault. Package-dependent, can you check these... (I appreciate you've already mentioned Freesports HD)

Nat Geo HD, Sky SciFi & Horror HD, Sky Greats HD, Freesports HD, Premier Sports 1 HD

The quickest way to get this resolved would be to call TV faults on 150 - otherwise the forum staff should hopefully pick this thread up in a few days. I notice this was posted in the WiFi section and have moved it to the TV section of the board which might also help 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JW691102
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for moving this thread to the correct section /heading!

appreciate your reply- hopefully VM Forum staff will assist as I have had the 150 fault line conversation (eventually after about 45mins on hold) and got no where!

0 Kudos