Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

UHD package

Hi,

I’m considering joining Virgin for TV, broadband and phone and have some questions that I cannot find the answer to online.

As I am also considering a 4K TV, my questions are about viewing UHD TV. I’ve had a look at the bundles which are available but can’t find anything that tells me which includes UHD. One online search suggests that to get this service I should be on the ‘Full House packages’ but when I go to the Virgin media site I cannot find any mention of it.  

I would appreciate some info on this so that I can stop going round in circles.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: UHD package

Good Morning @spear 

If you would like I can arrange you a call back from an expert who will be able to answer all things UHD related and run you through any other queries you may have?

I will pop you a private message to take some details.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can't you just tell me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi spear,

The only current bundle that includes UHD is the Ultimate Oomph package.

The package comes with 2 x V6 boxes which display the UHD channel content, alongside apps for netflix and Amazon Prime which have 4K content, although you need a separate subscription to watch those apps.

If you didn't take the Ultimate Oomph package you could subscribe  to  BT Sports as a separate add on if you wanted to view the BT Sports Ultimate channel .

You would need to buy your new 4K TV to view the 4K content.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the info regarding UHD. Not checked, but sounds very expensive, it's a good job I didn't buy the TV before inquiring

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport in 4k and Virgin's own 4k channel are available on the Maxit pack, you don't need The ultimate ooomph package.

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for correcting me Cueball99, 😳

I'd completely forgotten about the Maxit pack.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos