Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

UFC on BT Sport Box Office - January 18th Conor McGregor fight

Hi, I'm new to Virgin and have the full package: Sky Sports, Cinema and BT Sport. 

Question: The Conor McGregor fight on January 18th. It's on ESPON PPV and BT Sport Box Office (if you have Sky). 

On Virgin, there is no BT Sport Box office channel so, how can I watch it? Will it be available via the Virgin Store?

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: UFC on BT Sport Box Office - January 18th Conor McGregor fight

Did you find this out yet? 😫
It suddenly dawned on me that Virgin weren't advertising this fight like they normally do in the TV Guide, like when I bought the Anthony Joshua fight. 
It's infuriating that there are reports of it being available on Virgin (and Sky/BT) but how to watch it is nowhere to be seen.  I get the sneaking suspicion that Virgin Media customers actually can't watch it and that you can only watch it if your provider is BT.  You can't even set up an account on their box office app/website because you have to have a BT account with them.  

This is a complete sham!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The fight is now being advertised on the VM website https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/NewsMcGregor-vs-Cowboy/UFC-246-McGregor-vs-Cowboy/ba-p/4134309 

Saturday 18th January 2020. The event begins at 1am (early Sunday morning).

How to Watch?

You can purchase the event in HD on your Virgin Media TiVo® or V6 box now, it costs £19.95. Go to Home > On Demand > Live Events. You’ll need to choose the event then select OK and follow the on-screen instructions. On the night itself, you can watch your purchase from 1am by going to On Demand > Live Events.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just thought I'd pop back and let you know that the fight is now being advertised where it should be in the Live Events section👌 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's great thanks ! Been so busy today not been able to get into my account. Should be a great fight!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Angela! Awesome. Yes looks like Virgin keeping their 5 days in advance promise. Good to know! Thank you
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I agree.

I hope this falls flat on its face and they lose so much money.

Its January so not many people have money to spare, i got BTSport the other month because of the UFC and there was no mention of the PPV element.

Its up to the customers to NOT buy this to show BTSport that PPV in the future won't work. They have jumped on this because of Mcgregor fighting for the first time in a long time. I pray that people don't stump up for this and their advertisers advise them they aren't happy about their numbers.

Im hoping its in the low triple figures and we find out in a few days who's bought it.

0 Kudos