Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Two channels pixelated

Have two HD channels that are pixelated so badly that you can hardly watch. The channels are 506 - F1 HD and 507 NFL HD. No other channels are effected as far as I can see. I've tried calling but no one seems to answer at Virginmedia HQ. Gave up after 30 minutes of waiting.

Would be good to get an idea as to why those two are the only channels affected.

Cheers

G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Two channels pixelated

Digital TV platforms broadcast channels in "multiplexes" or groups, which generally bear no resemblance to their EPG (tv guide) positions but allow optimum use of broadcast capacity.

The two channels you've mentiponed, share a VM broadcast channel with... S4C-HD, Film-4-HD, Channel 5 HD, Sky History 2 HD & Star Plus HD

Once you get multiple channels on the same mux affected, you have very strong evidence of a signal fault. At this stage, check by calling 0800 5610061 whether it's a reported fault. If not... then I'm afraid you're doing the best thing by calling 150 and waiting patiently. It's probably the quickest way overall, some people suggest calling earlier in the day.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Two channels pixelated

Hi Gashf2002, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

Really sorry you're having some issues with two channels, this isn't good. 

I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than normal. 

Are you still having issues with the channels at the moment? 

If so then please pop me a message with your address so we can have a closer look. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos