Menu
Elliekayes76
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tv

My tv box broken for 2 months can’t get through to anyone to help me I don’t know my customer number so can’t do this request on one.

so frustrating I will cancel my direct debit soon if I can’t get this fixed paying for something I can’t use and no way of getting it fixed, I’ve spent hours on automated lines just to be cut off.

upset customer 

[REMOVED]

can some one help me? 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
GaryB5
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv

You've posted in the mobile phone section, you might get a better response posting in the tv section.

Have read on here that people that stop their direct debits run the risk of bad credit ratings for defaulting, so I would advise against that. I appreciate your frustration, as many of us are having trouble getting customer service from Virgin at the moment.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi  Elliekayes76,

Sorry to see you are having problems with your TV.

So we can try and help please could you advise of the following.

Which box is it? What error messages are you seeing? If no error messages are showing then what is happening with the box?

You should be able to find your VM account number by looking at your bank statement. The account number is the first 9 digits.

You should have registered for My Virgin Media (which is at the top ot this page) which will show all of your account details, bills and contract.

You can also run checks on your equipment from there.

If phoning in then VM can ask other questions to validate you as the account holder.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Elliekayes76
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thank you for your reply 

I looked at my direct debt 

ref is 430611803001

thats more than 9 digits

box is dead no light no error message just not working I’ve plugged and unplugged it several times and turned on and off. I’ve tried over the phone the interactive tests they say no fault detected then cuts me off. 

kind regards 

Ellie kayes 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Ellie,

Your account number is the first 9 digits so ignore the last 3 digits.

You should edit your post and delete your account number as the forum rules ask "Please don’t broadcast your personal details", it's just a safeguard.

I'm sorry but you need to persevere and contact the Faults team.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Elliekayes76

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear about the box and that your are not able to get through to fix this 

Just a quick question, have your tried another plug socket?

I have sent you a private message to pass security so we can then look at getting the box swapped 

Gareth_L