Menu
ElliotC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tv show not playing from Virgin channel 999

Absentia TV show on Virgin channel 999 will not play. When selected from my shows, the box goes into standby mode 

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv show not playing from Virgin channel 999

Hi ElliotC, 

Thank you for posting to the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when trying to view Absentia.

Do you have this issue when trying to access any other content? Also, do you receive any error messages?

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
ElliotC
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie,

I have checked and no shows are playing from channel 999 from the guide. There is no error message, the TV goes into standby mode and has to be restarted. It takes about 5 minutes to re-start.

Thanks for looking into this 

Elliot

0 Kudos
Hetty_R
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ElliotC, 

Thanks for confirming, that is strange it's just the one channel. 

Do you have any problems watching the channel live? 

Have you previously been able to watch recording from this channel? 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
ElliotC
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hetty

I have previously been able to watch and record shows from channel 999. I set a series link for Absentia and it appears to have recorded, but when I attempt to watch it the box goes to standby mode. 
I tried to watch the channel live, but the box went to standby repeatedly. It loaded up and brought up the guide, then back to standby again. I finally realised that I had to change the channel from 999 immediately the guide appeared, to prevent the box going into standby again. All other channels are working fine, it seems only the Virgin channel is not working on the Virgin box!

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming ElliotC, it's not something I've been able to replicate - the live channel & On Demand stuff all seems to be working OK, so I'd like to investigate further and see if we can identify what's causing this for you.

Please look out for mu PM and get back to me with the requested info when you can & we'll take it from there.

Tom

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for getting back to us @ElliotC. I've arranged a visit from a technician and confirmed the details via PM. If you can let us know how that goes we'd really appreciate it, please give us another shout if there's anything else in the meantime.

Tom

0 Kudos
ElliotC
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The technician visit discovered the cable connection to the house was in a sub-optimal condition. Once a splitter had been removed and the signal boosted, channel 999 was restored. The channel is in ultra high definition and signal strength had not been sufficient to view the channel. All working well now. Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Great stuff @ElliotC thanks for popping back to let us know. Please don't hesitate to give us another shout if there's anything else.

Tom

0 Kudos