Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tv no signal

New customer: I have recently had broadband and tv installed in my house. And I am unable to watch the tv. I get the welcome screen then the starting up screen and then it just goes blank and my tv shows no signal. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting suggestions and restarting the tv box but I just get the same result. 

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv no signal

Hi RyanH114,

Have you tried following the instructions here? virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 

You can also try calling 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

Also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Best time to call is either 8am when lines first open and are least busy, or around tea time.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have tried those yes but not luck. As I get nothing but a message from my tv there is no signal. As if the box is not sending via the hdmi. 

I had it installed by a Virgin engineer so I presume he should have done what you are suggesting. But I will try myself. Thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you're getting the box stuck in the startup loop and not progressing to the live TV picture or TiVo menu, I'm not totally convinced this is an activation error so much as a failed box.

Activation issues should give (primarily) Error 7400 but occasionally a couple of others.

Is the "no signal" error being generated by your TV? I have a suspicion here, that if the box isn't booting up then it's not getting as far as generating a video output, and this could be resulting in your TV giving a "no signal" error. Are you able to post a photo of the error, and we can perhaps verify that either way?

If you're seeing an Error 7400 on-screen, then please do follow the previous advice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes the ‘no signal’ message is from my tv. 
it is as if it is not receiving from my tv box. 

once the start  up screen finishes it just goes off and I get the ‘no signal’ off my tv. I can then only power off and back on but then just get the same results. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Call Virgin and report your box fault, it probably needs replacing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos