Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tv keeps rebooting

Hiya, tv is constantly rebooting to start up screen, stays like it for 20 seconds and starts to reboot again. The tv light is constantly flashing orange. And a download image keeps showing up on the screen. Checked all wires are connected and switched it off and on again but it is still happening. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv keeps rebooting

Hi Kirsty12,

Sorry to see you are haing major problems with your set top box.

It sounds like it may be terminal, however you could try unplugging from the mains for 10 minutes.

You could aslo try to force a hard reset, but that would delete all recordings and planned recordings/series links. 

Turn the box off with the switch on the back of the box and disconnect it from the mains for 5 minutes, then plug it in again.

Now hold the + and standby buttons on the front of the box together simultaneously and keeping the buttons pressed in. Turn the box on again with the rocker switch on the back,  and wait till you see the welcome screen appear on the TV - then release the buttons. 

If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hiya, we tried all of the things you suggested last night with no luck at all. We have spent hours trying to get through this morning only to be cut off! 
How can we contact somebody for some support? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Kirsty12 wrote:

Hiya, we tried all of the things you suggested last night with no luck at all. We have spent hours trying to get through this morning only to be cut off! 
How can we contact somebody for some support? 

You're doing all the right things. Currently VM have 3 ways to report faults..

1: Use the text message service, 07533 051809, this won't get an immediate response.

2: Post on here and wait for VM staff to respond - currently taking upto a week.

3: Call TV Fauls on 150 and don't give up until you get through.

Sorry this isn't the answer you'll want to hear....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Keep getting cut off

We have been trying to speak to somebody since Friday, twice we have been on hold for over an hour and keep getting cut off. This is absolutely ridiculous, the service is shocking. We’ve had no tv for 2 days and we’re no further forward with it. The only person we have spoken to was on here and he said the box is terminal, so surely we just need an engineer to come out and fix it? Or get it replaced? 
The text message service doesn’t work there’s no point at all to it, we just keep getting the same message over and over. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep getting cut off

so who said the box was terminal? Was it a VM staff member or a communinty member?

if the box is found to be faulty by VM they will replace it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep getting cut off

@Kirsty12 

I've merged your 2 threads together to keep your posts in the same place 🙂

From the sounds of your original post, your box certainly sounds unwell - but it's VM faults who need to arrange any necessary replacement. My previous post listed the ways you can do this.

I can only express sympathy at your long calls being dropped - that shouldn't happen but a few other customers have reported similar.

0 Kudos