Menu
Stubill
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tv 'Series and Episode' tags missing

This issue appears to be happening frequently as the weeks go by as there seems to be an increasing lack of 'series and episode tags' attached to programmes on various channels. The results being are recorded folders filled with the same episodes over and over because the tv box has no record of recording that episode without these needed tags. I hope the person that adds these tags comes out of hibernate pretty soon.

I hope I've explained myself in a fashion thats understood by the forum and wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same issues I'm experiencing?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tv 'Series and Episode' tags missing

Do you have any specific examples of the EPG having "generic data" and missing episode-specifics?

There are ongoing issues with C5 & fellow Viacom channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Stubill
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ch250 Discovery HD - Gold Rush White water. The same episode recorded 20/2, 20/2, 23/2, 24/2 - four times for the same episode

Ch167 TLC HD - Dr. Pimple Popper. The same episode recorded 23/2, 25/2, 24/2, 24/2 - four times for the same episode.

These are just two of the main ones this week but the same issue happened the week previous.

Both series links are set for New Episodes Only and should only record once.

Hope this helps?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There's not much can be done about past programmes, and stuff you've already recorded, but...

@Stubill wrote:

Ch250 Discovery HD - Gold Rush White water. The same episode recorded 20/2, 20/2, 23/2, 24/2 - four times for the same episode

Yep - agreed. These have generic guide data for last week, the upcoming episodes look ok.

@Stubill wrote:

Ch167 TLC HD - Dr. Pimple Popper. The same episode recorded 23/2, 25/2, 24/2, 24/2 - four times for the same episode.

These have episode data on my V6, so perhaps there was a last-minute EPG update that either corrected an error (which your box missed) or created the error (and my box missed it). Impossible to say which.

If you have any examples for the future, then either post them here and/or drop a line to the tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk inbox. They can usually be corrected in a day or so if they're genuine (and not a broadcaster issue)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Stubill
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thats great info thanks and I will update as and when it happens again. I've checked planned recordings for the next two weeks and everything looks fine as you say. 

I think I'll give it a reboot just incase some updates have been missed.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Stubill wrote:

I think I'll give it a reboot just incase some updates have been missed.

No need to reboot for that. Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.

The regular updates are timestamped on the left, and you can force a manual one using "Connect to Virgin Media Services now" at the bottom of the page.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Stubill
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks so much.

All done.

I will update if I notice any further issues.

0 Kudos