Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Trying to report a fault

As I type my TV is every few seconds is going black and no sound, has been like this for hours...I tried for almost an hour trying to get through to report when my call was cut off and I now cannot call Virgin as they cut me off!

There were supposed test carried out whilst I was on the phone but no fault was detected???

I have reset my Tivo box

Switched off the router

Changed to a different HDMI slot

Really fed up as this has been going on for days.

Help please and thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trying to report a fault

Virgin staff do respond to posts on here, but it can take anything from a few days to a week.

You can try the text message service (07533 051809) but otherwise persisting with the call queues is almost certainly the quickest way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Did get through after almost 3 hours and I am awaiting a callback fingers crossed be rather good to be able to watch the TV today...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It came as no surprise that Virgin did not call me back, abysmal customer service and seven hours since I tried to report the fault I still have no TV...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Called Virgin at 08:00 am and managed to get through only to be told that I had been given the wrong information I would receive a call back within 48 hours not the 4 hours I was told. I did ask to speak to a manager but of course he/she was unavailable.
Explained again that I have no working TV and I am not waiting for 48 hours for a call nor should I be asked to call Virgin if they do not call back within 48 hours.
Can anyone help????
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi fleurecosse, 

Thank you for your post 🙂 

Sorry for the delay in response here and I apologise for the experience you've had. Can I ask if the fault is still present and have you been able to speak with anyone since? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan, thanks for your reply, someone did eventually call back but it did not fix the issue which is still ongoing...I am still experiencing the TV going black, losing sound and constantly flickering.

I really think an engineer needs to fix this as it has been an ongoing issue for months as Virgin are do nothing and it was not a good experience trying to report this issue their customer service is appalling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well that's not good to hear at all! 

I don't want you waiting for any longer, so what I have done is booked an engineer for you. This is scheduled for Friday between 12-4PM. If this is not convenient for you, you're able to log into your online account and re-schedule this. Please let me know how it goes. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Ryan appreciate your help and hopefully the engineer can fix the issue just be so good to be able to watch TV properly especially as I am in lockdown just now...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Not a problem at all mate - keep me posted. 

Cheers. 

0 Kudos