Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Trying to cancel virgin media package

Hi 

I have been trying to cancel my package, and or renegotiate a downgrade, but since June 26th I have been unable to get through on the telephone. Furthermore, two weeks ago my landline stopped working. All of the online help keeps throwing up OOOPS messages so I am unable to receive the package I am paying for, nor cancel my contract. I think over the past month I must have spent more than 5 hours on hold. I am very frustrated. I have tried everything to make contact but I am thwarted at every turn .... Please help as I am at my wits end.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to cancel virgin media package

Hi Jon_Wiffen,

Sorry to see you are having problems either cancelling or downgrading your package.

If in the the upgrades and offers section you see an Oops something went wrong message, it's because you either already have a discount and the systems require an extra bit of manipulation by the agents to set up any new discounts, or because the package you are on is no longer sold and again requires the extra manipulation by agents to change the package.

Have you tried the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos