Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Trip hazard ok cable

I have this overlong cable trailing over my garden. I think it’s a virgin cable and I’m not a virgin customer. As this cable trails over my front lawn it is a heath and safety hazard. Please can you arrange to remove it as well as the buried cable that has been disconnected but it is hanging loose.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trip hazard ok cable

Hi Tristan_Fenton,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. We will certainly take a look at this for you. Are you able to provide any pictures so we can establish if it is a Virgin cable?

Once we have these we will escalate it to the relevant team.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately all the pictures I tried to attack were too large file sizes and wouldn't uplaod

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not to worry Tristan_Fenton,

Can you see anywhere on your property that Virgin Media has been installed previously before you moved in? You may find a brown box on the outside front or rear side of the property.

We just need to establish this is our cable before we would send a technician out to re-bury the cable.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There is a grey box on the outside of the wall that the cable is connected too as well as a loose cable that had previously been connected that was buried before, only I don't want the cable burying I want it removing entirely.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the confirmation Tristan_Fenton. If you're able to reduce the filesize and send that to me via PM that will help us get this resolved sooner. I'll get in touch shortly to confirm the other details so we can contact the teams in the area.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Tristan_Fenton,

I'm hoping this will help. From past experience nearly every photo taken with a phone is extremely large.

I use a free program on my PC to alter the image size. It's really easy to use. It's called Irfanview, there are plenty of places to download it from including the irfanview.com site. I've been using it for more years than i care to remember.

Best of all, it's not just an image program, it can also play music and videos and is very small in size.

If you took the photo with your phone just attach your phone to your pc and copy the picture across, i usually save to desktop as it's easier to find.

Then right click on the picture and select open with irfanview, and resize as per the screenshots below and save again.  I generally find that selecting 40 or 50% gives a decent size that you then use on the forum.  If it's too small or too large yo u can always resize again.

iv1.jpgiv2.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali