Menu
TeeJay3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo upgrade to V6 Box

Like others I am trying to upgrade my old Tivo box to a V6.

The phone lines are reserved for essential workers so have no way of contacting Virgin directly.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo upgrade to V6 Box

Calling in at 08.00 sharp is the best time. People are still reporting getting through ok. Go to “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4- "Thinking of leaving" when you have the best chance of getting through to the only still open (UK) call centre. They are the people who can help you.

Its not a free upgrade though - IIRC it will be £135 + £7.50/mo. However, if you can negotiate a new contract with them they can waive the charges as new packages are all on V6's. You wont get "New Customer" deals though.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
TeeJay3
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John,  I will give that a try in the morning.

I will not go with the upgrade if they want that much money.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That is the "standard" charge.
If you are "out of contract" you are in a much better position - as you can play the.. "I am planning to leave for Sky" card. They should be keen to have you stay and be prepared to offer you a new contract on a new package that has the V6 as standard.
Get confirmation on what you agree with them before saying yes - you can always just say no thanks and try again on another day as their offers tend to vary wildly dependent on the agent you get and whats on offer at the time.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
TeeJay3
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the tip John, I got through straight away and all resolved satisfactorily.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Excellent - just for info - without giving specific £ details - did they offer a new package with a V6 and waive any upgrade costs? Were there any "extra" costs to pay.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
TeeJay3
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI John,

I have sent you a PM.

Tony