Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo guide showing programs as new incorrectly

I've noticed in the past few months in the guide of Tivo it is showing a program as 'new' and the first aired day date is also new. However the program has been on before. One example is on BBC2 HD on Sunday 25th October at 19:00 the info shows 'Dragons Den' as new and the 'first aired' date as 25/10/2020. The series is S16 E2. Dragons Den has shown S17 so how can be S16 be new.

Is the broadcasters giving false information, or is there something wrong with the way tivo is displaying the info. It's a bit annoying as my series link is recording these supposedly new episodes. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo guide showing programs as new incorrectly

20201025_210032.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

20201025_210011.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

20201025_205826.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There may be a couple of things going on here.

Firstly if the guide data differs from what is listed on the broadcaster's own website, that's a guide data error which can be emailed to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk and the team are pretty good at getting them resolved in a day or so of reporting.

Secondly, and I suspect what's happening here is, some broadcasters (since Covid especially) have become masters at "re-edits" - old material re-edited into new programmes, with (technically correctly) a new first-aired-date. The BBC haven't been too bad at this..... yet.

Comparing the BBC iPlayer website with the V6 guide, the episodes appear correctly billed (S16 E2 tonight, S16 E3 next week), so without having seen it myself (it's recorded....) I suspect the re-edit theory could be striking again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this insight as to how it all works, this has helped me understand what is going on here. Sounds like the BBC are clashing programs as new to get people to watch them. I have noticed this with other BBC programs like The Repair Show. Very crafty. 

0 Kudos