Menu
harrynp
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box very slow and sluggish

Hello,

My tivo box is very slow and sluggish.  It is over 5 years old. I would hope that Virgin Media would offer to replace it with a V6 as I am paying way over what new subscribers are being offered, and are given a new V6 box.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Harry

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box very slow and sluggish

Firstly, do you have VM broadband at home- as this is a requirement in order to use a V6.

If you are out of contract, and feel that your package is out-of-date or overpriced, then I recommend you price up what a new package would cost you for the services you want. VM's online bundle builder is excellent for this - just remember it quotes for new customers (which you are not) and also standard prices, I would suggest targeting somewhere in the middle ground between these two is a reasonable starter.

Once you have a price and package in mind, then call up Virgin Media on 150, and negotiate with an agent to move to a newer package in return for a swap to a V6 & new 12/18month contract.

I can see you asked about this back in September, the advice is still the same 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
harrynp
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box very slow and sluggish

Thanks very much !

Harry

0 Kudos