Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box keeps not starting and keeps rebooting

Hi virgin team and users,

My Tivo box keeps rebooting when I try to switch it on. First it shows a welcome screen followed by the starting up message. But then instead of starting up it reboots again. 

I tried plugging off and reconnecting the TiVo power but to no avail. The Tivo is connected to the router by wired connection.

I am not able to get through to the customer care numbe(no one picking up) as well so have been in this state for the last week!

image 2.jpegimage 1.jpeg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box keeps not starting and keeps rebooting

When you say about switching it on, do you mean waking it from standby.. or have you been switching it off at the mains overnight?

A TiVo (as opposed to a V6) gets all its signals for TV & internet through your co-ax, the router is only for linking to the other boxes in your home.

This could be a failed software drop but in any case is a box fault. VM staff do respond on here, but they're currently taking around a week to do so. You can try the text message service (07533 051809) but otherwise I can only suggest that you keep calling through to the faults number (150 or 0345 4541111) and don't give up until you get through!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.
I meant switching on from standby.

Will keep trying to reach VM customer service.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can I get some help from VM staff on this issue. I am not even able to raise this issue with VM on 150 as they keep redirecting me to the online help site where there is no way to raise issues with tivo box!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is primarily a community forum, VM staff do respond to posts but it can take upto a week from the last post in each thread - every reply made can put the message further down the list 😉

As regards the telephone menu options, there is indeed a message that "encourages" callers to press 1 for a link to online support. If you press 1, the system will sense that you've taken the bait and stop offering you the option of queuing. Ignore the offer, don't press any further buttons and you can then join the queue for a faults agent who should be able to resolve your fault. Likely by arranging a replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help.

Finally got the VM customer care through the text option and they have shipped a new tivo box today which is working fine.

0 Kudos