Menu
linfoss96
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box issue

We have a tivo box in the bedroom (the main one(V6 box) works perfectly) and the majority of the channels have some distortion on the picture.  BBC1 is not too bad nor ITV but the SKY channels are awful and there is some distortion on most of the others.  I have re-booted several times, changed the HDMI port on the TV, and also tried a brand new high-speed HDMI cable.   Nothing has worked and trying to get through to anyone at Virgin is almost impossible - any ideas?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box issue

Pixellation & picture breakup is indicative of a fault that is causing poor TV signal. As a precaution, reboot the affected box once.

If you have multiple boxes and only one is affected, try swapping them round and seeing if the fault follows the box. If it does, it's evidently faulty. If not, there could be cabling or another signal issue.

If you can identify specific channels (including HD? SD?) affected, it may help narrow the fault down, but is unlikely to change the end result. You should call Virgin (150 from a landline, or 0345 4541111 otherwise), follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" and report your issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos