Menu
Sherpa93
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Error C130

I have been getting this error for sometime now and it keeps occuring despite constant resetting of box

Even cancelled Cinema due to it and now considering cancelling whole service.

Rang twice today automatted diagnostic and reset - smae problem as usual.

Rang CS spent 40 mins on hold and eventually dealing with problem said they couldn't help and would pass me straight thru to an engineer - didn't happen and on hold for another 40 mins. Gave up...........

This is not the service I expect and certainly not what I pay for. Can someone please help before I cancel.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo Error C130

This is the first time you've posted on here, so please forgive a few basic checks..

Which box do you have - I'm guessing a TiVo but won't assume. If you're not sure, please check here 

IF a TiVo (if you have a V6, ignore this specific bit), do you have any flashing green lights on the front-left of your box - either when you have OnDemand issues or anytime? Specifically, the second from left with a "heart" symbol next to it on the box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sherpa93
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank for you quick response

It's a tivo box and I have 2 solid green lights which includes the one under the heart

I don't know what happens when OD issues are happening and can't check at present as during my chat with CS

we reset my telephone password and this seems to have had a knock on affect on my PIN!? Which I have been unable to reset as it does recognise my new telephone password and has locked me out!?

Is there anything else we can do at present while I wait for my password reset to function

Thanks J

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection, separate from your home broadband. Many issues with OnDemand & streaming on the TiVo are caused by this internal connection failing without users realising.

The green-light I'm referring to, is the "online" light which indicates the status of this connection. Anytime the light flashes, the connection has dropped - and any functionality that uses the internet, will fail. OnDemand, streaming, TV guide updates, the lot.

I have seen it happen on numerous occasions, that in live-TV or standby mode, the connection is fine. But when you use OnDemand or any streaming services, the connection then drops. Choosing an OnDemand programme (pick non-BBC Catchup) to watch, and leaving it running - that's a quick way to test.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Sherpa93
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

When the C130 error appeared again the green light under the heart was flashing

Once the error had reset the light was solid again

This happens at least 3/4 times on a 40 minute prgramme

Thanks John

0 Kudos
Sherpa93
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi This happens everytime I watch OD which given as you it has it's own internet connection, this must be faulty

Thanks John

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If your online light is flashing, there's a fault. Most likely with the box, but potentially outside in the VM network somewhere.

VM should be either replacing the box or arranging an engineer visit - providing you're clear with the faults agent as to what is happening. In other words, tell them "my TiVo online light is flashing", not anything like "my onDemand isn't always working". The latter could have all manner of possible causes, the former is a specific fault that cannot be resolved remotely.

0 Kudos
Sherpa93
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts

Thanks for your time you have been very helpful.

This problem has been going on for about 3 years although not a real issue until recently.

I am not sure I want to waste another 1 hour+ on the phone to VM - I'll think it over.

Sky are offering a very good deal at the mo so it maybe time to vote with my feet.

Thanks again J

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Sherpa93 

Sky are offering a very good deal at the mo so it maybe time to vote with my feet

You've got to choose the provider that best suits your needs, and VM's current C/S does leave a lot to be desired I'd agree.

You'll need to call VM to give your cancellation notice (unless you want to post it) so I'd recommend...

Price up your package with Sky/BT/whoever and have that in mind. Go back to VM and choose the options for "thinking of leaving us" to speak to Retentions... on the assumption you are outside your minimum term and in a position to re-contract or disconnect.

You might just find the agent willing to resolve your issues in return for a new 18month contract. If they're not, or you end up being messed around, then carry through with your request to disconnect and good luck. Just make sure your new services are installed and working before VM is cancelled.

0 Kudos
Sherpa93
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks for advice - I did that once before 4/5 years ago and was probably properly armed so thanks again

Cheers John

0 Kudos