Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box not working properly

After being with Virgin Media for a few years now, I've recently been having problems with my TV box. It keeps crashing and not working properly. This has only recently been happening. Hoping that there was something I could do before spending hours calling the helpline. 

Thanks, 

Holly

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box not working properly

Which box do you have? Is it a TiVo or a V6? If not sure, check here 

How often is this happening? Like any tech, the occasional reboot is to be expected but this should be occasional and not regular - and usually overnight.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It is a TiVo box not the V6. It's not a reboot. You could be watching a programme and it will just freeze. It's been happening more often and often rebooting the box helps for a bit. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

With a possible caveat if your hard drive is especially full (say over 90%) I'd suggest that your box is just elderly and trying to die.

You have 2 choices:

1: Call TV faults on 150 (or 0345 4541111) and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" to arrange (most likely) a box replacement.

2: Depending how long you've had your current package and if you have VM broadband (for that is a requirement) consider renegotiating yourself onto a newer bundle and try to bag the newer box (a V6) into the bargain. Much newer, much quicker and much improved.

Option 2 will depend on you having VM broadband and being willing to recontract for 12 or (more likely) 18months. Option 1 has no restrictions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Holly,

Thanks for your first post on the forums and welcome to the community 🙂

Sorry to hear of the recent issues you're having with your Tivo box, I can imagine this will be frustrating. Just before we look into replacing the box, can you please tell me if the Tivo box is well ventilated and whether all the cabling is secure in the back of the box?

I know this may sound very basic, but it will help is to understand what is causing the issue.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is well ventilated and the cables are in securely and probably

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know Holly.

I've arranged for a replacement Tivo to be sent out to you, you should receive the new box within 3-5 working days. 

Give me a shout if you need help with anything else 🙂

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos