Menu
Snudge1960
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo to tv connection

Is it possible to wirelessly connect a tv to a TiVo box?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo to tv connection

Just to clarify - do you mean TiVo or is it a V6? What are you wanting the wifi connection to do?

If you mean to broadcast the TV signal instead of using the HDMI cable, see this...

https://www.howtogeek.com/405463/what-is-wireless-hdmi-and-should-you-use-it/

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Snudge1960
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think this is exactly what I was hoping for. So for clarity I can put a HDMI transmitter in either the V6 or TiVo box and receiver in the TV?  Also, can the transmitters serve more than 1 tv?  Do you have one you can recommend?

sorry I’m a novice at this

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I personally have never done it and from what I read on the link tells me its expensive and can be temperamental - so unlikely ever to try it. Someone who has may comment soon, meanwhile do a bit of deeper research 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Snudge1960 wrote:

I think this is exactly what I was hoping for. So for clarity I can put a HDMI transmitter in either the V6 or TiVo box and receiver in the TV?  Also, can the transmitters serve more than 1 tv?  Do you have one you can recommend?

sorry I’m a novice at this

The problem you have with putting anything between the TV box & the TV with HDMI is the content protection. The encryption has to recognise each piece of kit it connects too as being not capable of copying the content. For HD content the connection must be HDCP 1.4 compliant & 2.2 for UHD. TV boxes can be very fussy & some kit will work & some won't. Its a case of trial & error. & make sure you can return any kit if it proves not to work.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos