Menu
Reply
Smallheath
  • 3
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
329 Views
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box not waking

We have the older type tivo box, Before I go to bed I switch off the tv but I don’t put the TiVo box into standby mode it is left on always. When I switch on the tv again the there is no response from the TiVo. I have to unplug the power for a couple of minutes and reboot the box which then goes into the startup cycle this can happen up to five times before the TiVo box responds. I have run all of the diagnostic tests and they all come up no problems or your TiVo box is offline ( which it isn’t)

I have tried phoning 150 and they sent me a text with a link that takes me to the diagnostics test page.

any help appreciated.

 

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
  • 116
  • 18
  • 41
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
321 Views
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box not waking

Is your TV an LG?  My own TV is LG and I've been round many customers with an LG TV, seems there is a handshake issue between TV/Box. Best thing to do is put your TiVo in standby, turn TV on first and then turn your TiVo on. 99% of the time it will be fine. The other 1% just simply unplug HDMI and plug it into another port, flick input over to that one and all is good. 


Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more





Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
Smallheath
  • 3
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
315 Views
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box not waking

Hi Spencer.

Yes my tv is LG, At the moment it’s all working (only two resets this morning)

so I will give your suggestions a go when I try to switch it on again tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the reply I will update you tomorrow.👍 

0 Kudos
Smallheath
  • 3
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
263 Views
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box not waking

Hi again Spencer.

Update from this morning, We did as you suggested and the box came to life straight away albeit without sound, After one power down to reset  it came on as normal so your theory about LG TVs is sound.  Thanks for your help much appreciated.👏
I will probably ask Virgin media for an updated box as this one is a few years old.

 

0 Kudos