Menu
Kferrin
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box freezing

My TiVo box has recently started freezing. Interestingly, it only seems to be on certain channels (channel 5, 5+1, 5HD, 5Star) all UK. I have tried resetting the box, deleting HD recordings, checking network connection and checking Cables are connected properly. It seems to only be on playback, ie not live. Can you help with this please?

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box freezing

Hi Kferrin,

Sorry to hear about your TiVo Box freezing on you. You mentioned that it happens on playback only but I'm not sure whether at the time of those recordings, it was freezing during recording. I've checked your TiVo details and can't find any issues with the hard drive but can see some tuner issues. I've arranged for a replacement TiVo Box to be sent out and you can view the details via your online account .  

It can take up to 5 days to arrive and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Kferrin
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

how do you know my details and where to send the box if I haven’t given you any details?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kferrin,

We use your community details to locate your account .

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Kferrin
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul 

you have unfortunately sent one of the old model TiVo box’s to me, when I have the newest box. How do I go about returning this for a new one?

thanks 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kferrin,

Thank you for coming back to us, when there is a fault it will be a like for like swap. a V6 is an upgrade from a Tivo and is chargeable.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Kferrin
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes but it is a V6 I have currently which there is a fault with. So it should be a like for like swap of the V6. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kferrin,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you believe we have sent the wrong set top box.

So I can help I would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos