Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box stuck starting up

Hi,

I have a TiVo box which is stuck starting up, I have tried to restart it a few times. The last time I left it over night unpowered with the same results.

I have gone through the website to try and fix it but only get an automated message which tried to fix it by dong tests. The test for the TV runs and says there isn't an issue.

When the box starts I can also here a clicking sound which sounds like the HDD inside the box.

The colours of the lights across the front from left to right is:

Green Red Green - Blank Red Blank Blue

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box stuck starting up

@jester81uk wrote:

Hi, [snip]

When the box starts I can also here a clicking sound which sounds like the HDD inside the box.

The colours of the lights across the front from left to right is:

Green Red Green - Blank Red Blank Blue

The clicking noise along would point at a failed HDD, the red light sounds like the heartbeat/online light which should eventually go static red.

Unfortunately for you... this one needs calling through to TV Faults. 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV Service".

If there's nothing else wrong, then this should just be a replacement box to be arranged which you can then install yourself.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have already rng the number on the website and gone through the automated message, all it does is do a test, say its fine and tells me to go to the website.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That might be the automated service trying to be helpful.

Calling back immediately should let you get past that stage, once the remote fix has had a chance to fail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos